If you experience lower back pain, you may not realize that your shoes can cause it. Women typically wear shoes that compress the vertebrae in the lower back. High heels are notorious for this. If your shoes cause lower back pain, you will be happy to know that choosing the best shoes for lower back pain can do you good.
Of course, you should see your doctor before treating your lower back pain yourself. He may refer you to a podiatrist for special attention.
If your doctor and podiatrist have exhausted all options, you may be able to solve your problem by simply changing your shoes. This article will discuss some of the causes of lower back pain and some great shoes that can relieve you. Read on to learn more.
Some Causes of Lower Back Pain –
You may be experiencing lower back pain because of complex problems like rheumatoid or osteoarthritis. Additionally, a woman often has problems with osteoporosis due to the loss of calcium in the bones after childbearing. These serious conditions should be diagnosed and treated by your doctor; however, you may also find some relief from lower back pain by only wearing properly fitted therapeutic shoes.
Another common cause of lower back pain is the wear and tear caused by aging. As we grow older, our feet begin to wear out. You may experience symptoms such as a thinning of the cushion on the sole of your foot. This can cause a great deal of foot pain, which in turn causes tension and back pain.
Having flat feet can also cause lower back pain due to overpronation. You can resolve this problem by wearing comfortable motion-control or stability shoes, depending on the severity of the overpronation.
Things to Consider – Women’s Best Shoes for Lower Back Pain?
When seeking good shoes to help relieve lower back pain, think practically. You will want to select shoes with sensible heels. Don’t go for heels any higher than two inches. Additionally, good supportive shoes that will cradle your feet and relieve your aching back must have ample cushioning and excellent arch support. If your podiatrist has recommended specific orthotics for you, select a type and size of shoe with plenty of room to place them comfortably.
8 Best Shoes For Lower Back Pain – for Women’s
1. Skechers Go Walk 3 Shoes for arthritis of Hip Joint, Knee joint or foot Joints
- 100% Mess Fabric/Synthetic construction
- Radically lightweight design
- Multi-directional traction sole
- Memory foam cushioned heel and vamp
- 1 1/4 inch heel height
- Structure FitKnit breathable mesh for cooling comfort
- Slip-resistant and safety toe design for added protection at work
- Package Dimensions: 12.36 x 7.32 x 4.553 inches; 1.04 Pounds
Your shoes provide protection and support to your feet, which help keep you balanced. You need to look for good arch support in walking shoes if you have back pain. Walking is a form of exercise that relieves back pain in itself. Having the ideal footwear to support you on your way to better health is important.
They are lightweight, with a flexible outsole, and very comfortable walking shoes. They offer good cushioning with moderate arch support and are perfect shoes if you experience pain due to arthritis of the hip, knee, or ankle.
Take your walking experience to the next level with the Skechers Performance Women’s Go Walk 3 Slip-On Walking Shoe. With 100% mess fabric/synthetic construction, this stylish and comfortable shoe is lightweight yet strong.
Memory foam cushioning provides a highly responsive fit, while full-length Goga Mat Return Energy insoles offer energy-return benefits. The multi-directional traction sole keeps you steady on any surface. This shoe also features Structure FitKnit breathable mesh for added cooling comfort. Plus, it offers protection and comfort in work environments with a slip-resistant and safe toe design.
2. New Balance 928 – Motion Control Shoefor Overpronation and Supination
- 50% leather and 50% synthetic construction for lightweight support.
- Rubber sole provides enhanced grip on wet terrain.
- Abzorb cushioning adds extra comfort when walking long distances.
- C-CAP midsole adds extra durability and support over time.
- Ndurance rubber outsole delivers superior traction on uneven surfaces.
- The phantom liner provides smooth transitions with each step for comfortable wear all day long.
- It comes in a variety of colors to match any wardrobe choice perfectly.
Explore your city in comfort and style with the New Balance Women’s WW928 Health Walking Lace-Up Sneaker. Built for long walks, this premium sneaker for women features a leather upper combined with breathable mesh panels to keep feet cool and dry all day long.
ABZORB cushioning and an N-Ergy midsole provide superior shock absorption, while the C-CAP midsole adds durability and stability. The rubber sole offers reliable traction on wet or slippery surfaces, and the Phantom Liner ensures a smooth transition with each step. Whether at work, school, or exploring the world outdoors, this New Balance sneaker has your back.
These excellent shoes have a roll bar to control motion. They have ample padding and good arch support to help you get through your day with less impact on your feet, joints, and lower back. The NB 928 aligns your feet correctly to reduce stress on the ankles, knees, and back.
3. Merrell Encore Breeze 3
- Air Mesh Upper offers breathable comfort.
- Breathable mesh lining treated with M Select FRESH odor control.
- Rubber soles provide durable traction and stability
- Removable EVA insole treated with M Select™ FRESH odor control
- Compression-molded EVA midsole for cushioning
- Merrell air cushion in the heel absorbs shock and adds stability
- Merrell Encore “Q Form” dual-density midsole for women’s specific stride sequencing and alignment.
- Vegan-friendly materials
- 100% Synthetic
The Merrell Women’s Encore Breeze 3 Fashion Sneaker is a comfortable, easy-to-wear slip-on mule style. This casual shoe featuring Q Form Technology is made of breathable mesh. The padded faux leather collar ensures a comfortable and secure fit. The shoe is also lined with mesh for good air circulation. The anatomical footbed and secure rubber outsole assure comfort and safety at every step.
The Merrell Women’s Encore Breeze 3 Slip-On Shoes are perfect for all-day comfort and lightweight cushioning, making them ideal for your active morning routine. The air mesh upper is breathable and features M Select FRESH odor control, while the rubber sole provides stability and durability. Plus, they’re super easy to slip on; they are just what you need before heading out the door!
4. Vionic Women’s Walker
- Supportive Walking Sneakers with orthotic insole arch support that helps relieve plantar fasciitis, flat feet, high arches, bunions, heel spurs & lower back pain issues
- Unique three-zone comfort design features easy cushioning & superior arch support midsole to promote natural alignment when walking.
- Leather or suede upper with Textile covered EVA footbed provides long-lasting comfortable wear.
- Rubber sole with a runner outsole construction & 0.5″ elevation delivers smooth transitional heel-to-toe strike zone movement.
- Received APMA Seal of Acceptance
- The stylish yet practical choice for casual leisure wear
These shoes are orthopedic and are designed by a Podiatrist, and they are made on orotracheal motion control technology to realign the feet, legs, and hip. They offer a deep heel cup, stability, and motion control to prevent overpronation. They have several styles to choose including sandals. Many of these shoes are approved by APMA.
The Vionic Women’s Walker Classic is the perfect combination of fashion and function. These supportive Walking sneakers feature a Leather or Suede Upper for modern style, removable Textile covered EVA Footbed for comfort, and a durable Runner Outsole with a built-in .5″ elevation for a smooth transition in the heel-to-toe strike zone.
The Orthotic Insole Arch Support also gives you the stability you need to keep going no matter where your walk takes you. With its APMA (American Podiatric Medical Association) Seal of Acceptance, you know it’s built for comfort and performance.
5. Vionic Sydney Women’s Leather Loafers – Orthaheal
- 100% Leather
- Rubber sole
- A durable, textured rubber outsole provides traction to help keep you confident on your feet.
- Deep heel cup and raised arch support help hold your foot properly on the footbed.
- EVA midsole offers cushioning and shock absorption with a lightweight feel.
- Package Dimensions: 12.3 x 6.4 x 4.7 inches; 1.6 Pounds
- Item model number: 456SYD TNLPRD M 095
- Department: Women
- Date First Available: August 5, 2014
Vionic is a new name for Orthaheel. These sandals offer a deal heal cup and realign your feet to relieve back pain and knee joint pain. They offer good arch support and have motion control technology to prevent overpronation. These shoes help in relieving heal pain due to plantar fasciitis.
The Vionic with Orthaheel Technology, Women’s Sydney Slip-On, is a stylish driving moc style slip-on featuring a leather upper, rubber sole, and removable, podiatrist-designed orthotic insole to help provide the ultimate foot support and comfort. The deep heel cup and raised arch support hold your foot firmly on the cushioned midsole for improved posture and balance. The durable, textured rubber outsole provides extra grip on wet or slippery surfaces. Its classic design makes this shoe perfect for daily wear, indoors or outdoors.
Check this Video – explaining lower back pain and what can be done about it – Vionic with Orthaheel TechnologyVideo explaining lower back pain and what can be done about it.
Also check: Vionic by Orthaheel Women’s Tide II Sandal
6. Dansko Women’s Professional Tooled Clog
- Classic rubber outsole offers natural shock absorption during everyday wear
- Leather upper is easy to clean and maintain
- Supportive Rocker Bottom Propels Foot Forward With Each Step
- Stapled construction creates a secure bond between the footbed and the outsole
- Heel Height Measures Approximately 2 inches
- Platform Height Measures Approximately .75 inches
- Made from 100% Leather And Manmade Sole
- Package Dimensions: 12 x 9.5 x 9 inches; 1.2 Pounds
Danskos are great shoes to alleviate lower back pain. These shoes have prominent arch support. Their specialized design effectively reduces ankle and knee stress. Many women say that once they own a pair of Dansko shoes, they will never wear any other brand. The relief of joint and lower back pains these shoes provide is truly phenomenal.
Stay on your feet where all day is wearing the Dansko Women’s Professional Clog. This versatile clog features a 100% leather upper and manmade sole construction with a stapled construction for durability, while the 2″ heel and 0.75″ platform gives you plenty of support and cushioning.
Additionally, the supportive rocker bottom propels you forward with each step, helping to reduce strain on your legs, back, and feet. Great for nurses, chefs, or anyone who has to be on their feet for extended periods in high-performance environments.
7. MBT Women’s Mahuta Walking Shoe
- 100% Mesh upper with rubber sole
- Dual board last construction
- Athletic 3D mesh lining for breathability
- Pivot technology supports body contouring while walking
- Enhances posture & gait while using muscles more actively
- Strengthens core muscles & improves circulation
- Lightweight design
MBT Shoes for women come in lots of styles and colors. These innovative shoes are attractive and high-tech with thick rubber soles that encourage muscle activity with every step. Their unique design is comfortable and helps strengthen your feet and legs while improving your gait and posture.
The MBT Women’s Mahuta Walking Shoe offers ultimate comfort, support, and stability. Crafted from 100% mesh with a rubber sole and Dual Board Last construction, it’s designed to keep your feet cushioned, comfortable, and secure all day. With an Athletic 3D Mesh Lining for breathability enhanced by MBT’s acclaimed Pivot technology for body-contouring support and cushioning, the Mahuta Walking Shoe helps improve your posture and gait as you move.
It also encourages muscle activation, strengthens core muscles, and increases circulation to help reduce fatigue. Durable, stylish, and lightweight—the MBT Women’s Mahuta Walking Shoe is sure to become your go-to shoe for everyday walking!
8. Skechers Shape Ups
- Durable leather and synthetic upper
- Padded linings for comfort
- Thick sole for shock absorption
- Rubber outsole provides traction
- Footbed massages feet while walking
- It helps reduce fatigue during workouts
- Stylish yet functional design perfect for all occasions
Skechers Shape-Ups come in lots of styles and colors. The XF Accelerator is a comfortable lace-up sneaker highly recommended to relieve back pain. These shoes have a thick, cushiony sole that absorbs shock and cradles your foot for all-day comfort.
The Skechers Women’s Shape Ups Strength Fitness sneaker perfectly combines fashion and function. Featuring a durable leather and synthetic upper with padded linings for comfort, you can take on your routine confidently. A thick sole and rubber outsole provide the cushioning and non-slip grip your need to tackle any activity.
The walking shoe also has a footbed that massages your feet as you move and helps reduce fatigue during workouts. Whether at home or in the gym, these shoes are sure to keep you looking great while feeling comfortable.
FAQ for Best Shoes For Lower Back Pain for Women
Shoes with good arch support, a cushioned sole, and a comfortable fit are best for lower back pain. Look for shoes with a firm heel and a wide toe box.
Yes, high heels can cause lower back pain because they shift the body’s weight forward and force the lower back to compensate for the change in balance.
Orthopedic shoes can benefit lower back pain, as they often have added arch support and a cushioned sole. However, it’s best to consult a doctor or physical therapist to determine if orthopedic shoes would be the best option for your specific condition.
Flip-flops do not provide enough arch support or cushioning for the heel, which can exacerbate lower back pain. It’s best to avoid flip-flops and opt for shoes with better support.
Walking shoes can help with lower back pain, as they often have good arch support and a cushioned sole. However, it’s best to consult a doctor or physical therapist to determine if walking shoes would be the best option for your specific condition.
Women’s best shoes for lower back pain are not cheap. Be that as it may, once you experience the difference a really good pair of therapeutic shoes can make in the way you feel, you will know they are worth the investment. All the shoes we have listed here are high quality, well-made, and long-lasting. You are sure to be thrilled with any choice from this list.